The Ampac motorised reflective, auto aligning infrared optical beam smoke detector can be installed with up to two detector heads per system, thus saving on installation time and costs. In addition, each system controller houses two pairs of fire and fault relays, one per detector. This innovative system has been designed from the ground up to include pioneering technology that fully addresses the needs of the installer and user, both now and in the future.
With its industry leading optics, the Ampac beam detector is ideally suited for the protection of large areas where the use of traditional detection technologies would prove to be too difficult and/or costly to install.
The Ampac beam detector combines an infrared transmitter and receiver in the same discrete unit and operates by projecting a well-defined beam to a reflective prism, which returns the beam to the receiver for analysis. Smoke in the beam path causes a drop in power, which, if below a pre-determined level, results in an alarm signal.
- Two versions available for addressable and conventional applications
- Allows for 2 Detectors per System Controller
- Each Detector configurable from 8m to 100m
- Separate Fire and Fault relays per Detector
- Integral LASER alignment
- Auto-Align Fast Automatic Beam Alignment
- Building Movement and Contamination Compensation
- Low Level System Controller
- Logs the 50 most recent events per detector
- Programmable Sensitivity and Fire Thresholds
- 20mm Cable Gland Knockouts on System Controller
- 2-wire interface from System Controller to Detector
Approvals: AS7240-12, EN54-12 and UL268