The Ampac EV3000 Occupant Warning and Intercom System is designed for the purpose of enabling the orderly evacuation of occupants, from a building or structure, in the event of an emergency.
The system comprises of two (2) sub-systems. The first being the Occupant Warning System (OWS) and the other the Occupant Intercom System (OIS). While the Warning and Intercom System have separate controls, they coexist in a panel that is logically presented and aesthetically pleasing.
The Occupant Warning System makes use of speakers strategically placed around the site, to broadcast ALERT, and/or EVACUATION signals or public address announcements.
The OWS may be automatically initiated or manually operated. When not used in an emergency situation, the EV3000 can broadcast background music and/or general paging announcements.
The Occupant Intercom System (OIS) consists of front panel control at the Emergency Control Panel (ECP) and Warden Intercom Phones (WIP) that are strategically placed throughout the building. Communication is only possible between the WIP and ECP.
For larger sites, multiple control panels may be networked.
- Modular system design – can be easily customised to meet special requirements.
- Discrete front panel control – ‘natural’ style layout easy to locate zones.
- Amplifiers available: 40, 120, 240 & 480-watts – choice of amplifiers to suit your need.
- Visual output for hearing impaired or noisy environments.
- Common or individual fire alarm inputs – an “all call” or staged evacuation may beconfigured.
- 2-wire Warden Intercom Phones (WIP) – monitored for open and short circuit.
- Common or zoned background music inputs – non-emergency input gives EV3000 the flexibility to fit most applications including shopping centres, hospitals, etc
- Monitoring of speaker circuits – monitoring for short or open circuit.
- Monitoring of Visual Warning indicators – monitoring for short or open circuit.
- Automatic volume control incorporating ambient noise sensing microphone – ideal for applications where the ambient noise levels are different at various times of day.
- Fail safe volume override output – used as a control to shutdown all non-emergency facilities offered by the EV3000 and to override attenuated volume controls located in the field.
- Stand-by signal generators – provides 100% backup of emergency tones for greater reliability.
- Stand-by microphone amplifiers – provides 100% backup of emergency public address for greater reliability.
- Automatic changeover to stand-by amplifier – may be configured in the event an active amplifier is faulty.
- Digital paging console – attractive remote paging console with seven (7) segment digital display and keypad gives operator quick and easy access to paging zones.
- Networked system – expands EV3000 features to include master / sub panel configuration, and remote paging console.
- Optic Fibre Interface – the optional Optic Fibre interface allows the EV3000 to be networked over optic fibre cables.