The Orbis Marine Optical Smoke Detector works on the well established light scatter principle. However, the sensing technology is radically different in design from previous optical detectors and significantly reduces false alarms.
- Responds well to slow-burning, smouldering fires.
- Performs well in black and white smoke.
- Extra confirmation of smoke before alarm signal is given.
- Reduced incidents of false alarms.
- Sensing chamber keeps out dust and other airborne contaminants.
- Operates over a broad range of voltages at extremes of temperature.
Approvals: Lloyd’s Registry, American Bureau Shipping, Korean Register & China Classification Society.