The Ampac Duct Sampling Unit is designed to monitor levels of smoke in air ducts operating in air speeds of 0.5 to 20 meters per second. The duct smoke detector can be fitted to any wall of a ventilation duct and has two tubes that extend into the duct through punched holes. The perforated sampling tube is placed in the airflow upstream of theexhaust tube which causes a pressure differential in the duct detector. Air is sucked up the sampling tube, across the detector and exhausted back into the air duct.
Using the 360mm sampling pipe supplied, an air duct of up to 560mm can be monitored. For duct widths greater than 560mm, three other lengths of sampling pipe are available.
- Both sampling and exhaust pipes are fitted to the back box without the need for tools making installation easier
- The cover of the duct smoke detector is monitored to ensure working integrity and if removed, causes a fault to appear at the fire alarm control panel
- Easily accessible wire clamping terminals ensure secure and fast termination
- Clear cover hence the alarm LED on the detector is visible at all times
- Unique self-sealing test port allows the dispensing of test smoke via a needle into the duct smoke detector to be tested without the need to remove the cover
- Sampling pipes available in 4 lengths
- Weather resistant enclosure