Flame Sensor Test Unit & Case
This test unit has been designed to generate a wide range of optical output signals. Flame sensors for fire detection and flame monitoring applications can be activated and tested.
Most optical flame sensors respond to Ultra Violet (UV) and or InfraRed (IR) radiation emitted from flames during combustion. Many sensors also use flame flicker techniques to distinguish between flames and other optical false sources.
The test unit simulates the flickering flame signal by modulating the output of a filament lamp. The thermal time constant of a filament lamp prevents the generation of a perfect flame flicker signal. The slow response of the filament lamp will mean that some flame sensors may require more time to activate under test than they would with a real flame.
The unit is intended for service engineers to use when performing commissioning and routine maintenance.
- Wide Spectral Output - UV, Visible, Near IR, Mid-IR
- Tests many Flame Sensors Types UV, UV/IR, UV/IR², IR³, IR², IR
- Portable with Rechargeable NiCd Battery Pack and Charger
- Selectable Optical Output Type
- Constant Illumination
- Regular Flashing Sources (Range of Frequencies)
- Irregular Flickering Sources (Resembling Flames)
- Selectable Optical Output Intensity with LED Bar Graph Indication
- Range typically 3 metres and beyond
- 30 Second Timeout on Each Test
- Auxiliary 24Vdc Supply for Testing