Parramatta Law Courts | NSW
|Location||Parramatta, New South Wales|
|Products||FireFinder Plus ad EV3000|
|Completion Date||March 2020|
Located in Parramatta, New South Wales, the Garfield Barwick Commonwealth Law Courts Building houses both the Federal Magistrates Court of Australia and the Family Court of Australia.
The building’s detection and warning system was due for an end-of-life upgrade, which included…
- MFIP and Networked EWIS.
- Upgrade a Version 5 FireFinder to FireFinder Plus.
- Upgrade a 3-Wire EV3000 MECP and two SECP
- Replace fire and EWIS field devices.
Once the upgrade had been completed, the system consisted of…
- FireFinder Plus – 6 Loops, 32 Conventional Zones, and BMS Interface.
- EV3000 – 16 EIS and 24 EWS Zones.
- 300 Heads and 16 WIPs.
- 32 existing conventional zones had to be upgraded to addressable heads.
- The system had to remain operational during the upgrade works.
- Ampac provided examples of previous projects where conventional zones had been upgraded to addressable zones by either completing loops, where possible, or, where customers had utilised Ampac’s DIN isolator module.
- Ampac provided planning advice and on-site assistance with changeover and programming.
- Ampac advised the end-user to stage the upgrade such that the panels were changed initially and the devices were replaced following proven reliable functioning of the new panels.
To find out more about Ampac’s range of fire detection and alarm system solutions, please contact your local customer services office.