Westmead Hospital Redevelopment | NSW
|Location||Sydney, New South Wales|
|Products||FireFinder Plus, EV3000 and SmartGraphics|
|Completion Date||April 2020|
Westmead Hospital is a major tertiary hospital located in Sydney, Australia.
The hospital is currently going through a large redevelopment, which includes the construction of a new Central Acute Services Building. This new building will feature…
- Two new emergency departments for adults and children
- 20 operating and interventional suits with highly specialised technology and equipment
- A new Cardiac Comprehensive Care Centre
- Over 200 new patient rooms
- New education, training, research areas, and facilities.
Ampac’s FireFinderPlus Addressable Fire Alarm Control Panel and EV3000 Occupant Warning and Intercom system were selected for the project. The system was installed by the team at Innovative Fire and included the following…
- FireFinder Plus – 11 Nodes – 80 Loops
- EV3000 – 64 EVAC Zones – 129 WIPs
There were several site-specific challenges that had to be catered for, this included…
- 300 Fan (1668) Controls
- A complex EWIS matrix
- MIE Integration
- BACnet BMS Interface
- Multiple location SmartGraphics
Ampac provided the following site-specific solutions for the project…
- SmartGraphics over IP interrogation.
- Dedicated Ampac technical support throughout the project.
For more information on Ampac’s wide range of fire detection and alarm systems, please contact your local customer services office.