Dual IR2 316 Steel Conventional Flame Detector
The Dual Infra-Red (IR²) Flame Detector is designed to protect areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3um emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The Dual Infra-Red (IR²) Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapour, or ice. This detector has two IR sensors that respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The IR2 detector has selectable output options of relay contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.
- Fast response to fire.
- High immunity to false sources.
- Tolerant of fumes, vapours, dust, and mist.
- Suitable for indoor areas.
- Unaffected by convection currents draughts or wind.
- Proven response to multiple fuel types.
- Multi-spectrum detection.
- Low current consumption.
- Selectable output options, response speed, and sensitivity levels.
- Built-in auto and manual test.