Clarence Correctional Facility | NSW
Clarence Correctional Facility
|New South Wales|
|FireFinder PLUS, Wagner Micro-Sense, Graphics, & Nimbus|
The Clarence Correctional Centre, located in Lavadia (approximately 12.5 kilometres south-east of Grafton, NSW) will accommodate 1,700 inmates. Featuring state of the art security and surveillance, the centre will focus on rehabilitation to reduce the rate of reoffending.
The project is being delivered by the NSW government in partnership with the NothernPathways consortium consisting of John Holland, Serco, John Laing and Macquarie Capital.
The benefits of the project include:
- Approximately $560 million injected into the local economy over the next 20 years.
- Long-term, local economic opportunities through the procurement of a range of goods and services.
- Up to 1,100 construction jobs and 600 operational jobs created.
- The centre addresses the critical shortage of correctional centre beds and facilities within NSW.
Working with Triple M Fire and Interfire, Ampac supplied a complete system design to meet the challenging site layout and requirements. The system included…
- 66 x Networked FireFinder Plus
- 1 x Agent Release FireFinder Plus
- 2651 x Addressable Sounders
- 3593 x Smoke Detectors
- 585 x Heat Detectors
- 362 x Wagner MicroSens Aspirating Smoke Detectors (29 x Single Cell Units & 333 x Double Cell Units)
- Modbus HLI
The project had strict staging for deliveries of panels and systems.
- Complete system design for Wagner was provided to meet the challenging site layout and requirements.
- Delays to outputs enabled.