Ampac Exhibits at Fire Australia 2016
Fire Australia is the premier fire protection industry conference, attracting key personnel, peers within the Fire and Building industry, plus attracting significant representation from businesses, government, and associations.
With the theme this year being Risk, Liability, and Exposure, Ampac took the opportunity to showcase its new range of products that meet the requirements of the recently revised primary referenced (NCC) installation standards.
The range of products showcased included the following:
- EvacU - EWCIE designed to meet AS4428-16 Emergency Warning Control and Indicating Equipment
- Sounders to meet for AS7240-3 Audible Alarm devices,
- Visual Alarm Devices (VADs) to meet AS7240-23 Visual Alarm devices,
- The new range of Speakers in preparation for AS7240-24 Sound System Loudspeakers
- Aspirating Detectors to meet AS7240-20 Aspirating smoke detectors. In addition, Ampac also revealed its new look detector range, Soteria
Soteria is the next generation product family – which follows on from the successful Discovery and XP95 product families. The Soteria product family is backward compatible with Discovery and XP95. Soteria has the following benefits – when used in conjunction with the CORE protocol and CORE loop interface:
- Support for 508 devices per addressable loop
- Extra I/O support at the device
- Longer loop lengths – due to an increased loop drive voltage.
- Option for an isolator integrated into each detector
The Soteria product family includes the discreet flush-mounted Dimension Optical detector, which generated much excitement by all who previewed it.