Dual IR2 EXD Conventional Flame Detector
The Flameproof Dual Infra-Red (IR²) Flame Detector is designed to protect hazardous areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3um emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR2 Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapour, or ice.
This detector has two IR sensors that respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The IR2 detector has selectable output options of relay contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.
- High immunity of false sources.
- Increased environmental protection.
- Tolerant of fumes, vapours, dust and mist.
- Suitable for indoor areas.
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
- Proven response to multiple fuel types.
- Multi-spectrum detection.
- Selectable outputs options.
- Selectable response speed.
- Selectable sensitivity levels.
- Built-in auto and manual test.
- Low current consumption.
- Fast response to fire.