Triple IR3 EXD 316 Steel Conventional Flame Detector
The Flameproof Triple Infra-Red (IR³) Flame Detector is designed to protect hazardous areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3um emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The IR3 Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1- 15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion even if the lens is contaminated by a layer of oil, dust, water, vapour, or ice.
This detector has three IR sensors that respond to different IR wavelengths in order to discriminate between flames and spurious sources of radiation. False alarms from flickering sunlight are avoided by a combination of filters and signal processing techniques.
The IR3 detector has selectable output options of relay contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.
- Excellent immunity to false sources.
- Increased environmental protection.
- Tolerant of fumes, vapour, dust and mist.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas.
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
- Proven response to multiple fuel types.
- Multi-spectrum detection.
- Selectable output options.
- Selectable response speed.
- Selectable sensitivity levels.
- Built-in auto and manual test.
- Low current consumption.
- Fast response to fire.