UV IR2 EXD Conventional Flame Detector
The Flameproof Ultra-Violet, Dual Infra-Red (UV/IR²) Flame Detector is designed to protect hazardous areas where open fires may be expected and detects almost all flames, including hydrocarbon fires with 4.3um emissions through to invisible fires such as hydrogen.
The UV/IR2 Flame Detector is sensitive to flickering, low frequency (1-15Hz) infra-red radiation emitted by flames during combustion.
This detector has a UV sensor and two IR sensors that respond to different wavelengths of both the ultra-violet and the infra-red spectrum.
The signals from these sensors are processed by the detector and checked for characteristics of a flame. The simultaneous detection of both the UV and the IR light by the sensors will signal an alarm. False alarms from flickering sunlight, arc welding, and lightning are eliminated by a combination of UV and dual IR signal processing techniques.
The UV/ IR2 detector has selectable output options of relay contacts or 4-20mA signal, as standard.
- Highest immunity to false sources.
- Solar blind.
- Tolerant of fumes, vapours, dust and mist.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor areas.
- Unaffected by convection currents, draughts or wind.
- Proven response to multiple fuel types.
- Multi-spectrum detection.
- Selectable output options.
- Selectable response speed.
- Selectable sensitivity levels.
- Built-in auto and manual test.
- Low current consumption.
- Fast response to fire.