Lord Wandsworth College
Ampac protects 650+ students across the 1200-acre Lord Wandsworth College campus in the UK.
Located in the small village of Long Sutton on the north Hampshire / Surrey border in the UK, Lord Wandsworth College is a school for day and boarding pupils. The college campus spans across 1200-acres and is home to over 650 students.
- Long distances between nodes.
- Staggered installation requirements working around the school term.
- Upgrade from a conventional to an addressable system.
- The time it used to take to update the system.
Ampac partnered with the team at W J Fire Ltd to deliver a tailored solution that would protect staff and students across the college's campus. A networked addressable fire detection system was installed, which included:
- 22 x FireFinder PLUS Addressable Fire Alarm Control Panels.
- Fibre Optic Network.
- 3000+ XP95 Detection Devices.
- SmartView Graphical Event Management System.
Ampac replaced an old, slow to update, conventional system, and through the use of 8 Zone Conventional Board within the FireFinder PLUS, the panels were able to be upgraded gradually working around term time.
A Fibre Optic network was used to cater for the long distances o up to 2km between nodes.